Monday, January 22, 2007

Book quiz


You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!

by John Irving

Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS!
Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


Suzie Q had this book quiz on her blog. I wasn't going to post it but then I thought maybe I should as I've not posted anything for days (and because it made me laugh).

I am hoping to post something else later today...

Meanwhile, what book are you?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite shockingly, I'd never heard of this book before, but now it's all over Blogsville, so I went & had a look at your (very useful) link. I read the World according to Garp when I was still at school and would probably enjoy this one, too. Thanks, Caroline, glad it made you laugh :)

Caroline said...

What I didn't admit to in my post is its a book that I've borrowed and haven't quite got around to returning... I really must do that...

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline. I did promise I'd comment on your blog one of these days.

I had fun with this quiz; apparently I'm Ulysses. I've never yet managed to get past the third chapter.

There's a neat synchronicity though - my birthday is Bloomsday. The internet knows everything!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted this...
Very interesting about your book and description. I do think you're and agent of higher powers:)

Caroline said...

CMS - ah you know how much I love synchronicities... that's a brilliant one! (I've never got past the first paragraph of Ulysses... so you've probably read much further than most people)

Joy Eliz - I think everyone is. And that includes you too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline talking of synchs, I got James Joyce Ulysees too! It's not something I've read, I went to leave a comment on CMS' blog had a look around and he's from Hastings originally (where I live) he doesn't seem to have anywhere to leave comments though!Your description is spot on though, not sure about mine.

Caroline said...

Jo - I've noticed CMS doesn't invite comments on his blog too - probably avoiding getting tagged!

andrea said...

I'm both Prufrock and Anne of Green Gables. (I had to do it twice...)

Caroline said...

Andrea - I've not read either... have you?

Anonymous said...

it was rather brief quiz but apparently I'm Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Johnnynorms said...

However I answer it I come out as a great book. First one was Love in Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - well it reminded me I haven't read his novels yet. I wonder if you can wind up as something trashy like a Mills and Boone, or if its all classics.