Sunday, December 14, 2008

What's on the Outside of Your Fridge?

What's on the Outside of Your Fridge?

Andrea has asked what is on the outside of people's fridges - this is ours.

The monster on the left is something Jim and I made in our first year together using a similar method to the fish next to it. Jim's mother had made that for him some years before. She was inspired by Make Something Ugly...for a Change: The Definitive Guide to Papier/Cloth Mache by Dan Reeder. (Unfortunately it seems that this is out of print and people are asking ridiculous prices for the copies available.)

The green tortoise magnet was made for Jim last year by his nephew, Alex.

What's on your fridge? (Do post a link here if you decide to blog it!)

7 comments:

andrea said...

Ha! Love the papier mache beasts. Who has the turtle/tortoise fetish?

Caroline said...

Andrea - thanks - Jim is the one who is into tortoises (and turtles though he calls them water torties). Consequently everyone gives him tortoise themed things...

GreenishLady said...

You asked what's my "tortoise"... it's butterflies. But also angels, as you've seen. When I came by to tell you, I saw your fridge piece, so after a blog drought of over a month, I've just posted my second post of the day, showing the front of my fridge. Thanks for prompting me back to life!

Leah said...

oh my goodness, those are some awesome fridge buddies you've got there!!

Caroline said...

Imelda - thanks for letting me know - it was really bugging me! ;-)

Leah - mostly Jim's I must admit...

Anji said...

I haven't got enough to blog about: A beefeater who travelled here via South Africa and my daughter gave me a pink Princess for him to guard and fall secretly in love with...

Tinker said...

How funny - I've just come from Gemma's blog, where she was showing the INside of her fridge...
Right now, I think I'd just as soon not show the outside or the inside of mine - neither one is looking particularly photogenic!
I love the monster and the fish though - what a pity about the book, it sounds wonderful!